No region set
Customise for: No role selected

If you choose to customise the site it will help you to find the most relevant content for your needs. You will still be able to access all content on the site.

General practice Consultant or specialist FY or training grade Hospital doctor Medical student No customisation

Medico-legal helpline

0800 716 646

I do not have a designated body – what should I do?

Your designated body is the organisation that will provide you with regular appraisals and support for revalidation. Most doctors have a clear connection with an organisation, such as their NHS employer or their PCT. The GMC has an online tool to help doctors in doubt find their designated body.

If you discover you are one of the small minority of doctors who do not have a designated body to connect to, you should inform the GMC by logging onto your GMC Online account, selecting the ‘My Revalidation’ tab and clicking on the ‘I don’t have a designated body’ button. You will be asked for further information so that the GMC can advise you.


Login to comment

Be the first to comment

We have detected you are in and some website content may have been personalised to be more relevant to you.
You can change your region setting here or at the top of the page.

change now Close