26 October 2023
Length: 1 hour
Learn about the ethical and statutory duties of candour - including insight into the now-live Welsh statutory duty, the thresholds and how to give an effective apology.
Hosted by the MDU’s medico-legal advisers, Dr Clare Sweeney and Dr Ed Farnan, the session covered:
- the ethical and statutory duties of candour and the key features of each
- thresholds and application of the statutory duty
- practical guidance on effective apologies
- reflections on the impact of the statutory duty of candour
- live Q&A session with our panel of medico-legal advisers.
This webinar was aimed at a primary care audience.
This page was correct at publication on 26/10/2023. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.