2 February 2022
Length: 1 hour
Learn about the ethical and statutory duties of candour, the thresholds and how to give an effective apology.
Hosted by Dr Michael Devlin, the MDU's head of professional standards and liaison, the session covers:
- the ethical and statutory duties of candour and the key features of each
- thresholds and application of the statutory duty
- practical guidance on effective apologies
- reflections on the impact of the statutory duty of candour
- live Q&A session with our panel of medico-legal advisers.
This page was correct at publication on 02/02/2022. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.