23 March 2021
Watch our on-demand webinar (1 hour)
Hosted by MDU medico-legal adviser Dr Nicola Lennard, this session includes:
- how the law and GMC guidance on consent has developed over time
- an overview of the new guidance, including the seven principles
- advice on how to implement this new guidance in every day practice
- Q&A session with our panel of medico-legal advisers
Chaired by medico-legal advisers Dr Jerard Ross and Dr Udvitha Nandasoma, this video was produced as a follow-on to the above webinar so that we could cover off the questions we didn’t have time to address during the session.
Key areas include:
- Communicating the risks of COVID-19
- Managing consent in time pressured situations or when the patient is unconscious
- Consent for imaging or procedures outside your specialty
- What to do when patients seek alternative treatments or refuse to consent
- Discussing drug side effects and procedure complications
This video is divided into chapters. Use the progress bar to navigate between sections, or download the podcast and listen on the go.
Download/listen to the podcast on Spotify
Download/listen to the podcast on Apple
This page was correct at publication on 23/03/2021. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.