4 May 2023
Length: 1 hour
Coroners' investigations will likely play a part of most doctors' professional careers, but attending an inquest or even providing a report to the coroner can still prove daunting.
Our free webinar delves into the details of coroners' investigations with particular reference to deaths involving patients in long term opioid medication.
Hosted by medico-legal adviser Jerard Ross, with guest speaker Dr Alia Medniuk, consultant in anaesthesia and pain medicine. The session will cover:
- the risks associated with going to the coroner's court
- the prevention of future deaths report
- recent research on opioids and preventable deaths
- advice on management of opioids in primary care
- opioid stewardship, prescribing/deprescribing and polypharmacy.
For more webinars like this, our Learn and develop section lists what's coming up and other online learning resources.
This page was correct at publication on 04/05/2023. Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.