Helping practices to get the most from GROUPCARE
The whole practice benefits when you’re in a GROUPCARE scheme
Dedicated support for GROUPCARE practices
Every GROUPCARE practice in the UK is supported by one of our GP liaison managers. They can visit your practice or offer you online support with queries such as setting up a GROUPCARE scheme, assisting you with membership applications or queries, providing in-house training and much more.
Free GROUPCARE membership for practice managers
As an integral member of your practice, practice managers get free membership when in a GROUPCARE scheme. Giving practice managers direct access to our 24-hour medico-legal advice line and support from our expert advisers.
Free membership for up to two practice staff (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands only).
For every eligible GP member, practice nurses carrying out standard duties, healthcare assistants and phlebotomists can get access to free expert medico-legal support from the MDU.
Discounted professional indemnity for nurse practitioners/nurses working in an extended role (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Channel Islands only).
Nurse practitioners and nurses working in an extended role can save money when applying for MDU membership within a GROUPCARE scheme.
Access to professional indemnity for physician associates
Physician assistants can apply for MDU membership when working within a GROUPCARE practice.
Unlock more exclusive GROUPCARE benefits when all eligible GPs in your practice are members
Save 10% on membership (England and Wales)
Members (excluding locums, GPSTs and out-of-hours GPs) can save 10% on their membership. This saving applies to NHS primary care work only, and will be applied after your scheme renewal date and at each member’s next renewal.
Free practice risk assessment
Subject to availability, your local GP liaison manager can help you to review your premises, access your policies and protocols with a view to identifying potential risks for staff, contractors and vulnerable patients within your practice.
Free access to 24/7 health and wellbeing helpline for your team
A team of specially trained advisers and mental health nurses are on hand to guide and support you and your team. The service provides:
- Unlimited access to 24/7/365 confidential helpline.
- Support for managers concerned about the wellbeing of employees.
- A wellbeing portal that offers self-help articles, guides and webinars.
- Medical information on a range of medical or health related issues.
- Family advice line on topics such as childcare and eldercare.
1. Free to set up: GROUPCARE is open to any practice that has not incorporated where half or more of eligible GPs are MDU members, excludes locums, GPSTs and out-of-hours GPs and subject to a minimum of two GPs (either partners or salaried).
2. Members in England and Wales save 10% on membership. Valid for NHS primary care work only. Saving applies after scheme renewal date and at MDU member's next renewal.
3. Free membership for practice managers. Free membership for up to two practice staff for every GP member outside England and Wales only: Excludes partners.
4. Unlimited and free seminars for your practice. Free practice risk assessment. Subject to eligibility and availability.
5. Free 24-hour employment law and health and safety advice line. Free confidential employee assistance helpline. Access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages: Provided by Peninsula, a leading provider of employment law and health and safety services in the UK. Subject to eligibility.
6. Access to discounted HR support from Peninsula's Face2Face service. Access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages from Peninsula: Subject to eligibility. Provided by Peninsula, a leading provider of employment law and health and safety services in the UK. All work conducted by a Peninsula Face2Face consultant is provided on a day rate. For practices who have purchased the full Peninsula employment law package with optional insurance, all the work conducted by a Peninsula Face2Face consultant may also be insured (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy underwritten by Irwell Insurance Company Limited ‘Irwell’. Irwell is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Register No. 202897)). Peninsula Business Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the sale of non-investment insurance contracts (Register No. 468574) – applicable to the insurance product only. Peninsula insurance, access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages and free confidential employee assistance advice line: Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy underwritten by Irwell Insurance Company Limited ‘Irwell’.