Helping practices to get the most from GROUPCARE
The whole practice benefits when you’re in a GROUPCARE scheme
Online management gives quick and easy access to view and update GROUPCARE details
Using the secure My membership area you get the freedom to:
Free GROUPCARE membership for practice managers
- View, add and remove members associated with the scheme
- Check and update the total number of practice staff in GROUPCARE
- See at a glance when all GP members are MDU members enabling you to unlock all GROUPCARE benefits
As an integral member of the GP practice, practice managers get free membership when in a GROUPCARE scheme. Giving practice managers direct access to our 24-hour medico-legal advice line and support from our expert advisers.
Free membership for up to two practice staff (Scotland, Ireland and Channel Islands only).
For every GP member the following practice staff can get free access to expert medico-legal support from the MDU: practice nurses carrying out standard duties, healthcare assistants and phlebotomists.
Discounted professional indemnity for nurse practitioners/nurses working in an extended role (Scotland, Ireland and Channel Islands only).
Nurse practitioners and nurses working in an extended role can also save money when applying for MDU membership within a GROUPCARE scheme.
Access to professional indemnity for physician associates
Dedicated support for GROUPCARE practices
Physician assistants can apply for MDU membership when working within a GROUPCARE practice.
Every GROUPCARE practice in the UK is supported by one of our GP liaison managers. They can visit your practice, if it's safe to do so, or offer you online support with queries such as setting up a GROUPCARE scheme, assisting you with membership applications or queries, providing in-house training and much more.
You can unlock more exclusive GROUPCARE benefits when all GPs in the practice are MDU members
Members in England and Wales save 10% on MDU membership
Members (excluding locums, GPSTs and out-of-hours GPs) will save 10% on their MDU membership. This saving applies to NHS primary care work only, applied after your scheme renewal date and at the MDU member’s next renewal.
GROUPCARE members can request a free practice risk assessment
Your local GP liaison manager can help you to review your premises, access your policies and protocols with a view to identifying potential risks for staff, contractors and vulnerable patients within your practice.
Free access for the team to a confidential employee assistance helpline
Talking to experts at Peninsula in confidence can help the whole team should they encounter an issues in their home or work life. This confidential Employee Assistance Programme will include:
- Unlimited access to 24/7/365 confidential helpline
- Legal information services
- Debt and financial information
- Family advice line on topics such as childcare and eldercare
1. Free to set up: GROUPCARE is open to any practice where half or more of the GPs are MDU members, excludes locums, GPSTs and out-of-hours GPs and subject to a minimum of two GPs (either partners or salaried).
2. Members save 10% on MDU membership in England and Wales only. NHS primary care work only. Saving applies after scheme renewal date and at MDU member's next renewal.
3. Free membership for practice managers. Free membership for up to two practice staff for every GP member outside England and Wales only: Excludes partners.
4. Unlimited and free seminars for your practice. Free practice risk assessment. Medico-legal update seminar: All subject to availability.
5. Free 24-hour employment law and health and safety advice line. Free confidential employee assistance helpline. Access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages: All provided by Peninsula, a leading provider of employment law and health and safety services in the UK.
6. Access to discounted HR support from Peninsula's Face2Face service. Access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages from Peninsula: Provided by Peninsula, a leading provider of employment law and health and safety services in the UK. All work conducted by a HRFace2Face consultant is provided on a day rate. For practices who have purchased the full Peninsula employment law package with optional insurance, all the work conducted by a HRFace2Face consultant may also be insured (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy underwritten by Irwell Insurance Company Limited ‘Irwell’. Irwell is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Register No. 202897)). Peninsula Business Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the sale of non-investment insurance contracts (Register No. 468574) – applicable to the insurance product only. Peninsula insurance, access to discounted employment law and health and safety packages and free confidential employee assistance advice line: Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy underwritten by Irwell Insurance Company Limited ‘Irwell’.