Can I still ask for assistance if I leave the MDU, retire from practice or go on a break?

It depends what type of membership you have.

If your membership is on an "occurrence basis" you can ask for our assistance as long as you were our member at the time of the incident which caused the claim.

This applies even if you are no longer an MDU member, have retired, stopped practising or are on a break, such as parental leave. Your estate can even ask for our help after your death.

This does not apply to the following membership types

Your renewal documentation will include more information about the type of membership you have. 



This page was correct at publication on . Any guidance is intended as general guidance for members only. If you are a member and need specific advice relating to your own circumstances, please contact one of our advisers.